Wednesday, March 9

Should I take a left or a right?

Hmm.. So far so good, been blogging roughly once a week, so I hope I will be able to keep this up.

Currently I'm at a very important stage of my life where my next job could probably determine the path of my future career. My career will also probably affect everything else in my life one way or another. For the first time in my life, I am actually genuinely scared. The feeling of not knowing what to do next. The aunts and uncles that keep talking about my future, all insisting that I should take a different path than the previous aunt/uncle. The worry about whether I can actually be happy or at least satisfied with. The pressure is just building up and it's starting to scare me.


I like to think of life as a really really long road (well, at least until u reach that dead end called death, but let's just ignore that dead end for now). I think any decision that we make in life can be simplified in to a simple YES or NO. So all decisions that you make in life is either a left or a right in the junction of life. Now planning your life, you would usually want to set an end goal for yourself which will have its own combinations of rights&lefts or yes&no. The end goal is probably based entirely on your priorities. Be it money, satisfaction, convenience, career, power, popularity, or even the love of your life.


How do you reach that goal? lol! Like I'd know. If I did I probably wouldn't be looking for a job at the moment and blogging at 2am. One thing I do know, there are no U-turns on this road.


Among all the talks I received about life from my family members, I'll probably take two things to heart. The first, NEVER make a half-assed decision. I do not want to regret any choices I make, I have enough of that already. If I have to make a decision, I will think it through and stick by it! The second was an unexpected advice but set my priorities straight: Be happy.

Apologies for the pointless rant on absolutely nothing, this post is mainly to remind myself  in possibly a few months time about how I felt. =)

1 comment:

Sophie said...

"First say to yourself what you would be;
and then do what you have to do."


- Epictetus

Your amazing ^_^ I know that whatever you decide to do, you'll go far

xxx