Thursday, March 31

I make my own luck!

So I went to get a reading a few days ago. I don't usually believe these things. I also don't like listening to people who tell me how lucky or unlucky I'll be. I much prefer to make my own luck!


So anyway, it all started when I was walking around with some friends who were visiting. They're looking for a shop where he could get a Jade bracelet. A friend of mine and his sister get their fortune for this year told. Their mom translated everything the lady was saying.

After both my friends got their fortunes told. The shopkeeper told them to buy things that will improve their luck, or that will counter their bad luck for the year. This is where I went "AHAH! so she is trying to sell something!" which proved what I thought about all these fortune tellers. They come up with this general story that can be applied to anyone, just to sell you something. I thought, now it was my turn to get my fortune told and now I had to come up with several reasons why I wasn't going to buy anything from her.

She then went on telling me about my luck this coming year:
  • I'm very friendly and attract alot of people [hmm... ok, fair enough. She could be saying this to anyone though]
  • I have alot of opportunities, but i will just have to be less fussy about the things i choose. [well, obviously! if you lower your standards, you'll have more things to choose from]
  • Once i set my mind to something, I will not change it no matter what people tell me. [If that's a nicer way of saying I'm stubborn, she's right...]
  • (at this point the shop lady tells my friends mom to stop telling me stuff before my head gets too big from hearing all the good things) [hahahha, she has a sense of humour too!]
  • When I go out with people, they will expect me to pay [HAH! way off! I don't even have the money to pay for people!]
  • My year will be great after 1st of October 2011, I will achieve that which i dream of [wow.. that's pretty specific, maybe it's something in the chinese calendar or something, i wouldn't know. but wait.. does that mean my year's gonna be shit until then!!?!?!?]
  • I will have to be very careful of who I attract. To keep the bad people away I will have to buy an Obsidian bracelet. [EHHH! i knew she was going to sell me something!!]
I was listening so closely to what she was saying about me that i completely forgot to think of excuses not to buy anything! My friend's mom then tries to convince me to buy it too! I knew something like this was going to happen! that's why I never like going into these shops! After awhile though, the shop lady was saying that I don't have to buy it now, because I cannot be pushed to doing something i don't want, like the reading she gave me earlier said. Right after that i thought to myself, "Oh! that's understanding of her." She just said to buy it when I want to, because it is only for myself. I guess all of them aren't so bad.

Later that night I had dinner with my friend's family and when we called for the bill, the waitress came to me with the bill! All of us joked about how the reading was true. 

It's fine joking around about it, but i just really don't believe these things. I don't believe everything is set in stone. I have nothing against anyone who believes in it, because everyone has the right to believe what they want to, but please don't shove your beliefs down my throat. The shop keeper was being very nice about it and I thought why can't more people be that way about their beliefs. Sometimes, the reason why nobody wants to believe what you believe in, is because of the way you approach them. This one time i was walking around Aberdeen and there was this American guy who was coming up to random people to preach to them. He came up to a friend of mine and after he already said he was Christian, my friend pointed him straight at me saying that I'm Muslim. The guy then comes up to me ands starts with "Do you know in the Quran/Koran, it says Jesus is god 16 times?" Oh, there's no way I'm going to be listening to you now. You know what? I think all people who preach should at least be open minded enough to think that there are people that believe in things other than my own beliefs and know when to just keep quiet and move on to the next person.

Been really bad with blogging lately. I really cant find a good day just to sit down and write stuff. Oh well, at least I'm doing it. =)


No comments: