Friday, September 26

Weekend work at Fintray Garden

muahahha! i finally got some time to blog! it's about 6am and i've got some spare time to blog before i have to start getting ready for work! =)

Last weekend was spent at my aunt & uncle's cottage just outside Aberdeen city, fixing up some walls. i have no experience with this whatsoever. but thought i'd just give my friend a hand since i have nothing else to do on that day, and i guess it's the least i can do for my aunt and uncle, they've helped me out soo much.

So, basically it's like this. my uncle wanted someone to fix up the wall (it's actually a few walls, but i just counted it as one huge wall, this is how i tricked my friend into doing it =P). So my friend, Ryan who was going to be here the whole summer, was going to be coming to the cottage almost everyday to get the wall done. Thing is, he had experience with cementing, but not with walls. thankfully, u can find anything on youtube nowadays! Who would be bored enough to post up a tutorial on wall cementing online!?

Anyway, this was some serious stuff, i even got to use a cement mixer! and it was much cleaner than the ones u see at construction sites.



This is a wall Ryan did earlier in the week.


Ryan hard at work while i watch =P

On one of our breaks he gave me a tour of the walls he managed to finish during the summer.

This wall took a month for him. he had to point the whole wall. see all the grey parts on the wall? yea, that's all him.

Ok ok, after a quick tutorial, it was my turn to have a go at it!

basically, i had to get this cement


into joints like these


This was my first attempt.. wow that's ugly.. =S


my uncle chopping up some wood with a chainsaw, those things are fun!!


We didn't manage to finish the last wall because we ran out of cement, and it was too late to go out and buy some. Although we didn't manage to get the job done, it was nice to spend some time outdoors, since i spent the whole first week in Aberdeen locked in my flat. thankfully it was one of the few sunny days that Aberdeen had this summer. It was really nice to be outside in the countryside. It made me remember what made me drawn to this countryside town in the first place. it's sooo peaceful, the air is fresh, the people are friendly and u can get almost anywhere u need to go by walking.

I know there aren't that many attractions in Scotland, but i really should say, if u like the countryside feeling, there're many places around in Scotland to visit. and Aberdeen is one of them ;)

NOW get your ass up to Aberdeen and keep me company damnit!! i'm soo bored here!!!!!!! =...(

1 comment:

DDD said...

very entertaining..the part about ryan was really touching for me... u truely know how to move people..you should become a writer,shaz!we've decided to make a blog as well.. your blog has inspired us to start blogging...we have decided to become an open book too!